Sign in to follow this  

Hurry...before the fun is all gone......

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You known, Mitch, on many occasions I'll be flying along happily in whatever craft I happen to be flying that day and without warning will get "pushed around" or have a sudden descent or even ascent. Since I never use any kind of downloaded weather and indeed usually fly with no weather of any import dialed in at all, I generally attribute this roller coaster to some glitch with my joystick connection..... or something along those lines.However, rather than moan and groan about how I must need a new stick, I just pretend that what I experience was air turbulence that can often be found in the skies as any pilot will tell you. My little fib to myself keeps me from collecting joystick after joystick searching for the "right" one. LOL So maybe FS doesn't REALLY model air pockets or CAT, but shoot! if you experience it in the sim, who cares what causes it? (As long as it doesn't happen ALL the time, every time you fly -- that could get old in a hurry. LOL) BTW, Mitch.... how's your chopper flying coming along? I managed my first rooftop landing this weekend. -Lindy :-rotor

Ahhhhhhhhh...but Lindy...a thought---who is to say what they (the MS code team) 'slipped' into the weather model of FS2002.A bug?Or...A hidden jewel....Who knows, but---the Shadow knows....lolMy Rotor Router experience is mounting...lol. I'm improving, but slowly so.....(grin).Cheers!Mitch