Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

16 bit color probs with Geforce2 Ti

Guest DanWalloch

I've had this problem since I've gotten my 64MB DDR Geforce2 Ti 4X AGP card a year ago. If I've got Anti Aliasing (AA) enabled and using 16 bit color I get a pinkish mesh that covers the 2D panel and fades in and out without stopping. If turn off AA, the pinkish mesh is still there. The only way to get around it is to run FS in 32 bit color, which takes away hits up my fps's. I know I've seen posts for this in the past but I don't recall any solutions being found. If anyone has ideas or know how, please post them here. Thanks!

Guest eko

I've got the same exact card that you do, and I also happen to have the answer.It's your NVIDIA driver version.21.83 (yes, they are older, but solid) are the last drivers that will let you run in 16 bit color without the pink hue. If you have a more recent version of NVIDIA drivers, then you MUST run in 32 bit color to get rid of the pink.So, if you want 16 bit with no pink... you will have to downgrade to the 21.83 drivers. Depending on your system, this may not be feasible. If you are running XP, I would not recommend it... stick with newer drivers specifically tuned for XP. If you're running W98SE like I am... then I would recommend it.I've tried upgrading with just about every single driver version after 21.83, and I've decided that I prefer to have the option to run in 16 bit color.

Guest DanWalloch

I tried that just now......I'm go'n back to the current drivers, everything looks so crappy without the new drivers and I didn't really get any fps boost at ohare so no biggy.

Guest jaapverduijn

Dan, with me it's basically the red texts like "brake" and "overspeed" that's triggering it. When the red text is gone, left-clicking anywhere on the panel in a clean (= non-clickable) spot restaures the panel colors to normal... until the next red text appears.It might (or might not...) help for you. Jaap Verduijn.