Sign in to follow this  

Leave it to a real world flight...

Hello, folks!Well, after about a 2 year hiatus, I've re-entered the world of FS. Time, career, and finances pretty much kept me out, but after enjoying a couple of real flights this last week, I've once again developed the itch. I never bought FS2K2, but I did keep tabs on the development, release, and subsequent after-market development of third party goodies. Anyway, I flew from KATL to KSEA via Houston/Bush Thursday, and returned Monday, non-stop from Seattle back home to Atlanta. Going to, I flew on Continental-- first a 737 to Houston, and then a 757-200 on to Seattle. The return trip was on a Delta 757, thanks to the new codeshare (oddly enough, since when I originally booked the flights, they were under Northwest. :)). All aircraft involved were firsts for me, since I've only flown on Air Tran DC-9s from KATL to KMCO to visit my father. Wonderful experiences, and all the airline personnel I had direct contact were wonderful.At any rate, as is the usual case after taking a real world flight, I got the itch... and had enough leftover trip money to get FS2K2. WOW! Amazing work, and soooo much better tha FS2K. I could go on and on, but you guys are already very familiar with the accolades. :DSo... this brings me to the point of this post. I've seen posts where folks have asked "What is the best _______?", and well... I guess I'm going to toss my hat into the fray. I've been going through the major sites' libraries, and trying out stuff that I liked here and there, but since the vast majority of you have a lot more experience with what's available than I do, I'm asking for your help. Could you please post what you feel are the best FREEWARE aircraft and panels? I'm specifically looking for Continental 737's and 757's, and a Delta 757. I've ctually found both '57s but the Delta one is the old 80's and early 90's livery, with the actual Delta symbol on the tail. The Continetal '57 is nice, but I'm curious as to what folks think. I'm currently using John Schumacker's 757/67 panel, which is nice, but again, my curiosity for how it compares with others out there.Thanks very much in advance, and Happy Flying!JonKATL

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!