Sign in to follow this  

NAV 2 In Third Party Aircraft

Hi Guys,Someone posted a fix for enabeling NAV 2 to work in 3rd party aircraft. I've copied it (see below) and placed the text in a couple of aircraft " .cfg " files to no avail.Here's the problem: Although the NAV2 RMI points to a VOR and displays the distance in some 3rd party planes based upon (probably just repaints of FS2002 default planes) Boeing 737-400 for example, I haven't been able to get NAV 2 to work on any others.Here's the text I've added to the specific aircraft " .cfg " file (the Gulfstream IV for example). Any thoughts on this?[Radios]// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 1Com.2=1, 1Nav.1=1, 1, 1Nav.2=1, 1, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1Regards, John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Dark Moment,Unfortunately it didn't make any difference. I suspect that there are some lines in the default 737-400 aircraft config file that are not in the [Radios] section that are essential. For the life of me I can't imagine what they are though.John

Hi John, Off-hand I can only think of the obvious........The 'Radios' heading must be part of the listed radio section&l;Radios&r;// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 1Com.2=1, 1Nav.1=1, 1, 1Nav.2=1, 1, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1and #2... the radio gauges must be listed in the panel.cfg that correspond to the radios used. This is what I have in the Gulfstream IV...&l;Window04&r;file=Radio_Stack_bg.bmp size_mm=196,349window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELwindow_size= 0.191, 0.454window_pos= 0.000, 0.556gauge00=KingAir_Radio!Com1, 0,59,88gauge01=KingAir_Radio!Com2, 106,59,88gauge02=KingAir_Radio!Nav1, 0,155,88gauge03=KingAir_Radio!Nav2, 106,155,88gauge04=KingAir_Radio!Adf, 0,251,88gauge05=KingAir_Radio!Xpndr, 106,251,88gauge06=KingAir_Radio!Audio, 0,0,196 I know it is the very obvious, but it is all I can think of at this time to address your problem. :-wave

Hey Dark Moment,I owe you a great big apology. After sending my previous message,I went back to the modified [Radios] text to change them back to what I had before making your changes. At that point, I noticed some erroneous text in the [Radios] line. I cleared that up and went back to try my Gulfstream and lo and behold, NAV 2 was pointing to the VOR and displaying its distance.So, please do accept my apology and know that I sincerely appreciate your help.Regards, John