Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdgnr

FSX shutdown when setting the weather...

Guest pdgnr

Hi all,I am new on this forum and glad to found a place where to ask question(s) about SimConnect...I built a small tool looking like WideView, i.e. sending datas on the network to synchronize several clients.My problem is with setting the weather on the clients. In a few words: the weather is sent by the PC Master about once per five seconds. The weather is set on the clients by SimConnect_WeatherSetObservation. All goes well untill a change occurs in the weather of the PC master. FSX is closed on the client (I should say kicked off) without any warning as if writing values different from existing one cause the trouble...Has somebody yet experienced something like that ?Any advice very welcome,best regards,Robert

Guest DocMoriarty

I can't really help you about that but i noticed a problem with weather when loading saved games. I had a couple CTD's a few seconds after loading a saved game which occured in weather.dll. So chances are that this is plain and simple a bug in MS FSX.

Guest pdgnr

Thanks for your answer Doc, did you got any warning just before the CTD ?

Guest DocMoriarty

No i didn't. I got that window that pops up when an unhandled exception occurs which lets you send a problem report to Mickeysoft and of course i enjoyed sending a #### lot of reports.I can imagine they are using a similar functionality for loading a game than a SimConnect client would use to restore all values.Two ideas:- maybe it's the order in which data is sent. if you are sending multiple variables in multiple calls try to reorder (thinking about stuff like if a certain value is not set yet then a division by 0 might occur after receiving a certain value that triggers calculations).- perhaps it depends which setting is choosen for the wheather when launching a flight (real, real with update, stock weather etc.). I guess your subclients at least shouldn't use real with update.

Guest pdgnr

Hi Doc,I tried two settings: the first one is the same than for the real wideview i.e. real weather, update only once, and the second weather updated by user...The problem is that I cannot catch the reason of the shut down as I get no warning and no popup... FSX just closes very fast...Regards,Robert