Sign in to follow this  
Guest sjuk72

System Events with Sim-connect

Hi everyone,I've been playing around with the system events messages using both the c++ and the c# wrapper and I've come to the conclusion certain events just can't be captured....If a player decides they have had enough of a flight and by either pressing the "Esc" key or clicking "End Flight" from the "Flights" menu, then you are not given a "MissionComplete" message. Now before you go off saying thats because the mission isn't complete, how come you get a "MissionComplete" system message when you crash !?!Grrr... spent a few days tackling this problem... I think I'm gonna have to re-think my add-on due to sim-connects lack of certain messages.I'll not even go into my rant about the "Sim Start" and "Sim Stop" messaging otherwise my keyboard may catch fire...Anyone else having "Fun" trying to latch into spurious system / client events? Webmasterwww.fsxhome.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm using too a couple "heuristics" in my add on to determine certain situations. For example i wouldn't mind to get "FlighPlanDeactivated" messages whenever the player cancels an IFR plan, gets kicked from IFR by ATC or reaches the final destination. The only real event when i get that event is when a new FlightPlan is loaded, so it takes a #### lot of heuristics to determine whether a player is or was actually flying with IFR rules.I think basically SimConnect is a great addition to the SDK, but it will take some time, experience and some more serious work from ACES before it will be able to really fully replace FSUIPC (or similar) approaches to interface with FS.