Sign in to follow this  
Guest gita1111

Commercial Use of FSX and SDK

I've read thru the EULA and am curious what other people thought about using FSX and the SDK as part of a product at a commercial business. Like say for example Lockheed Martin wanted to use the product purely for its visuals and drive the simulation from an external source. Is this okay to do? If not, what steps need to be taken to make this possible, if it's possible at all?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi I was looking at the same thing. My inteperetation wasObviously you could not market fsx as your own product (you could sell the s/w at the rrp you would have to be a valid ms distributor). But you could market your add-on.I see it says it can be used for training but interestingly there are certain organisations excluded from that. I actually sent ms an email on the subject last week but as of yet have not had a reply.Please let me know if you get anywhere and I will do the same.Paul

>Hi I was looking at the same thing. My inteperetation was>>Obviously you could not market fsx as your own product (you>could sell the s/w at the rrp you would have to be a valid ms>distributor). >>But you could market your add-on.>>I see it says it can be used for training but interestingly>there are certain organisations excluded from that. I>actually sent ms an email on the subject last week but as of>yet have not had a reply.>>Please let me know if you get anywhere and I will do the>same.>>PaulRighto, will do.