Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel42

SimConnect SxS troubles

I have developped an add-on using C# and the managed SimConnect library and it works fine. It also worked fine for all users of the add-on, until today. Someone gets this message when starting the add-on:"Could not load file or assembly 'microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, version =10.0.61242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies"He does have version 10.0.61242.0 installed, but on closer examination the PublicKeyToken does not match the one in the WinSxS folder name, which is:x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9aMy installer checks for this folder (and the vista variant) before starting the install. It is also the one I have, so the user and I seem to have identical SimConnects.So I gave the user a manifest file, specifying the PublicKeyToken=67c7c..... (as in the folder name and in the example manifests) but no luck.Now if only the managed examples in the SDK would have had compiled versions, I could send one to the user to see if the problem is in my compilation/distribution (already tried another SimConnect program which gave the same errors) or in his SimConnect setup.One final clue... the user has the French version of FSX/Sp1.Anybody who knows what's going on?Yours,Daniel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!