Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel42

Adding SimConnect triggered animation to GroundVehicle

I'm trying to add an animation to a SimObject of type 'GroundVehicle', that I can trigger from SimConnect.As a matter of fact, I have succeeded, but with a side effect.But first... when you set the Category of a SimObject to GroundVehicle only a very limited subset of the SimulationVariables is available: position, speed, acceleration, rotation, wheel rotation speed and I guess the headlight/brakelight visibility switches work as well.But suppose I want to open a door of the groundvehicle from my SimConnect client... I was thinking to add a trigger based upon comfrequency, flaps position, smoke enabled, ... and then modify the variable through a SimConnect call, but all of these are not available in a GroundVehicle.I did find a partial solution though. When the car is standing still, you can use the FREEZE_...._KEYS and trigger the animation by making them dependend on the IS ... FREEZE ON variables.But what I actually want to do is... control the indicator lights of the car, and turn them on some meters before the car itself turns. Now, using the ALTITUDE freeze might be an option, but that's on ly one light and I need two. Freezing the ATITUDE or LONG/LAT obviously won't do.So... does anybody which simulation variables are valid for a ground vehicle? I've done at lot of trail and error, but so far only errors.Am I overlooking a way to add a user variable, that can be accessed from SimConnect?Daniel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!