Sign in to follow this  
Guest roadhoguk

Help and advise needed please peeps

Guest roadhoguk

OK, i purchased a FSX DVD and installed.and was running with no problems, then i thought i would like to get ASX so this afternoon i bought it and downloaded it and sat back and looked forward to once again having to deal with windshear and jetwash :). However it has a problemOn ASX startup i get the message " SimConnect (SP1 version) was not able to be loaded..this is required for operation with FSX! ASX will continue to operate but will not update FSX weather".??/ ok a quick visit to the fs forums and i download and installed sp1...sp2..and the SDK just in case and installed..started up the ASX again and still get the same problem.???Googled the problem message and found another piece of advise to uninstall the x86 file in windows,then insert disc one and repair as this would sort it.... did it and still the same message comes up..???Found another advise page through Google and was informed to install the SimConnect-0.7 direct into the my-docs folder of FSX...did it and still get the same message.even when it starts i get "recieve problem: Object Variable or with block variable not set (error) source ="Please can someone tell me what on earth is going on.Sys specsIntel quad care running at 3.4GhzXFX 680SLi moboXFX 8800GTX Ultra2GB Corsair Twin proWindows XP SP2Add ons FSUIPCTraffic2005 FSX version (now uninstalled to try and troubleshoot)

Guest ziporama

The proper redist should be available from HiFi Sim, or ASX may need to be re-installed. Did you check ask this in the hi-fi sim forum?Etienne

Guest roadhoguk

Hiya, i have re-installed Twice (ASX) but its still the same errors..I have also put this in the HiFI forum but like another person who has this problem there has yet to be a reply to the topic. Should i be getting worried about customer support ?? (