Sign in to follow this  
Guest andyjohnston

Need Help With Mission Tutorial

Guest andyjohnston

Hi all,I'm trying to work my way through the tutorial, but I've hit a stumbling block. My five wav files are recorded, and I've created the trigger event with the provided settings (as far as I can see.) When the first wav file is supposed to play, I see the caption come up, but don't hear the voice.The properties of the file say it's 8 bit mono, 22kHz sampling rate.Any ideas what the issue could be?

Guest archtx

Andy, did you include the extension on the name of the wav file...i.e. "hello.wav" ?

Guest stupep2

Another requirement: the sound files need to be in a separate folder named "Sound" within the mission folder.Regards Stewart.

Guest SkyDrift

>...The properties of the file say it's 8 bit mono, 22kHz sampling>rate... If you think it's a file format issue, try copying a sound file from one of the MS missions into your mission's sound folder & renaming it to your sound file's name. If it plays during your mission, you know it's a problem with your sound file & not your mission's xml file.

Hmmm, before FSX was released, we knew birds would be in the simulation and I and others wondered if a bird strike emergency could be implemented.Is it possible to design an adventure with this sort of scenario?