Sign in to follow this  
Guest avsimjohn

DDDA missions - any hope for FSX?

Guest avsimjohn

After puttering with FSX for about two weeks, new joystick, add-ons, etc., I ran across an old backup cd from FS2004 with Doherty's Difficult and Dangerous Approaches. Forgot all about them. I think I had only gotten through maybe 10% of them if I can recall correctly, and my FS2004 program is long gone and would rather not install FS2004 just for these.I know this may be a stupid question, but is there any way, hope, possibility that these missions can/could be converted to run with FSX? I loved those! ( did try every folder/file combination possible, I think, and Googled a lot)John

Guest SkyDrift

Sure. Just put the flight (.FLT) and weather (.WX) files in your "Flight Simulator X Files" folder> This is the same folder that hosts any flights you have saved.Remember that FSX does not allow you to store saved flights in sub-folders, so all your flight-related saved files must reside in this folder.Note that you will get an aircraft initialization error if an aircraft specified in a DDDA flight cannot be found - which obviously will happen for flights using FS9 aircraft that were not included in FSX. The flight will, however, still load - but with an FSX replacement.To prevent this error, you can copy/move your FS9 aircraft into FSX (there are other threads in this forum that decribe how to do this), or open the FLT file in Notepad and change the aircraft. E.g. for the New Zealand - Wellington flight from Vol. 3, the original was:[Plane.0]Aircraft=Boeing 737-400 Paint 2Since FSX "upgraded" the Boeing 737 to the -800 version, you could change this to:[Plane.0]Aircraft=Boeing 737-800 Paint 2or [Plane.0]Aircraft=Boeing 747-400 Paint 2(if you wanted to use the 747)or [Plane.0]Aircraft=Bombardier CRJ 700 Paint 1(if you wanted to crash - er, sorry , I meant land - the CRJ700):>)- regards, Skydrift

Guest avsimjohn

Thanks! Worked pretty well. So far finished about twenty missions and switched a couple of planes per instructions. Situations and weather work fine every time but about one out of 3 missions the panel(and gps) comes up either magnified covering the whole screen, or shrunken and scrunched up in the lower third of screen. Switching to minimal panel or no panel avoids the problem until you need to access the gps etc.Really wish the programmer would get interested in FSX. I assume he burnt out after all that work.