Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Hill AB Fire Crew EXtraction

HIDownloaded and installed the mission per instructions. Now I just sit and look at the helo waiting for the co-pilot to say something.Fuel state is at 2 percent. Like the briefing said, follow your co-pilot's instructions. Maybe my co-pilot is at the bar or something.Has anyone else had this issue?In short. Misson shows up, mission loads and then na da. I just sit there.I have FSX w/accel sp2 on vista 64bit. No issues with other missions.Regards Ernest

Guest NeXTer

Recheck the install instructions for the mission. I think there was a bunch of files that should be spread around the other FSX folders. The mission worked fine on my end.

I did a re-install three times. The only thing it said to put elsewhere was the reward. Could you tell me where you put things?Thanks for your replyErnest

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ernest,I'm taking a look at this mission and will let you know what I find.Cheers,

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ernest,OK. I've taken a look at this mission. I downloaded it from the library, extracted the folder from the .zip, placed it in my FSX MissionsDownloaded folder and started the mission.Here is the first scene of the mission. If you do not see this scene, then something is wrong with the file you downloaded, and you should re-download it:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188059.jpgThis mission was designed by one of the up-and-coming mission designers in FSX, Ed Olander, and it should work for you. Let me know if you have any questions.Cheers,

HIThanks for your reply.Nope, thats not the opening scene I get. I'm just sitting in the cockpit. I'll download it again and try again.And if I may ask, what type of file extensions did you get when you did the un-zip? Along with the jpegs, gif's and bitmaps I get the .flt and the .wx and .rwd along with an xml and html along with the sound folder.Now I know there is no way not being hooked up to the internet could have an impact so' I'm at a bit of a loss here.I'll let you know how the second attempt goes.Thanks againErnest

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ernest,What you report is fairly typical for a mission folder. I'd just download it again and try over. I had no issues with it, and the mission is well worth the effort; quite a good mission. The voice-overs could use some work, but the mission is very well done. Ed did an excellent job with this mission.Cheers,

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ernest,You might want to try the version located here:http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.comIt is packaged with an installation and uninstallation routine, and the file size has been significantly reduced.Cheers,

HISorry took me so long to get back.Yeah....That one works.ThanksRegards Ernest