Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaron

Vans DC-9 pack

I've just purchased the Vans DC-9 pack this morning. I've found myself gravitating towards the older jets lately, and a pack containing the entire DC-9 family was just too hard to resist :) Although I live in the UK I'm a closet Northwest fan, and the Vans package contains all of NWA's DC-9s.Anyway, I've just been experimenting by aliasing Flight 1 DC-9 panel with the Vans aircraft. I haven't edited any cfg files or anything, just aliased the panel. I just took the DC-9-15 for some circuit bashing and I'm pretty impressed. The visual model is very nice. The aircraft have full interiors but the VC isn't functional. That isn't a problem for me personally because I prefer to fly airliners from the 2D panel anyway. The aircraft don't seem to have a detrimental effect of framerates, and the liveries are pretty good overall. The flight model seems very smooth, although the pitch trim is a bit twitchy. The aircraft is rock solid on final approach, and it was a joy to hand fly around the circuit. The only problem I noticed was the flaps indicator on the IK panel isn't correct - IIRC the DC-9-10 series didn't have leading edge slats. The radios didn't function either, so I'm guessing I'll have to copy the radio section from the F1 DC-9 aircraft.cfg to the Vans aircraft.cfg. I haven't tried a proper flight with the autopilot yet but I'll do that later.If you're a fan of the older jets then the DC-9 package might be worth checking out.Cheers.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!