Sign in to follow this  

HELP J3 CUB WON'T INSTALL

Downloaded files PIPRJ3MM and J3CUB_02 extracted Piprj3mm file into fs2002 aircraft folder and extracted the files aircraft.cfg and j3cub.air from j3cub_02 and replaced them in the fs2002etc fsd2 file . The plane won't come up on aircraft list in fs2002. I had another version of PIPRJ3MM from manuel Mendez with an update that came up in aircraft plane list under change aircraft but it only had compass on panel. (can't fine where I got that file to download again.) any help will be appreciated, if anyone has j3cub flying in FS2002. Thanks Chuck

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Piper J3 works great for me.You said that you extracted the zip into your FS2002Aircraft folder.Did you extract it to a temporary folder first, then move the folder from the zip called "Piper J3 FSD" to your aircraft folder?Also you will have to move the gauges for within "Piper J3 FSDgauges" into your main FS2002 gauge folder. That would explain only having the compass in your last install.The zip I have isn't setup to extract straight into the FS2002 folders.After you move the "Piper J3 FSD" folder into FS2002, move the gauges in to FS2002 gauge folder, not the folder just the files in it, move the 'aircraft.cfg' and 'J3 Cub.air' files from 'J3CUB_02.zip' into 'Piper J3 FSD' folder in FS2002.The aircraft should be on the Piper menu in FS2002.Good luck,Pepe