Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grunt

Websites for VFR flights

Does anybody know of any sites that feature scenic flights for general aviation VFR or IFR flying (such as the default desert series)? I have been flying the Meridian adventures and am wondering if there are any similar sites with adventures/flights for GA aircraft (IFR or VFR). Thanks in advance!Great Lakes Express VAKDTW

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Also, check out www.parkwestair.com. This is a real-life vfr flying adventure. Just read about them today. They have some good routes that tour the US National Park system. Shouldn't be too difficult to generate flight plans that follow the routes.

There is a really good VFR adventure flight at http://fsadventures.netIt's the Australian Moorabbin to Mount Hotham adventure. Ideally using the wonderful Dreamfleet Archer 11 and with the scenery and landclass mentioned in the docs. I had trouble obtaining 'victoria.zip' from the site given, but it'd here on avsim.The flight has a very friendly CFI and is the sort of totally believable 'VFR adventure' that we need more of.In fact I'm trying to learn some 'programing skills' to enable me to do just that. With the great UK photo scenery now available we can have very accurate 'navigation exercises' to train with.DaveT

Hi Dave, thanks for the little plug.The reason why the link for the Victorian Mesh scenery won't download is because it is missing the / after the .org in the address.If you right click, copy and paste the download link to your browser and add the above-mentioned / it should download OK. Thanks for pointing out it can also be found at AVSIM. (ID 11455)Cheers,Fermin - fsadventures.net][/b

Thanks for all of the info...they are all just what I was looking for!Great Lakes Express VAKDTW