Sign in to follow this  

Greetins from a new member

Hi all,I have just rediscovered my love of fs2002. I have decent system, AMD xp2000, 512MB with a 64MB GeForce2 ultra, and I went out and bought a new videocard. After reading some of the messages here I decided on the GeForce4 ti4200 64MB card. All I can say is wow! Now I didn't get many more FPS but I didn't lose any. What I gained was a new world of detail. I have 2 words for you all; 'Anisotropic Filtering'What a difference! After flying with a VA for a while and just experimenting with scenery and aircraft I realised my 2 yr old install of fs2k2 was a tad bloated. So with the new video card I decided to reload fs2k2. I wiped it out, defraged my drive and reinstalled.I have a question for the group:I am not a real life pilot, however I like my sim to be as real as possible. In reading forums and whatnot I've found new flight dynamic files and some tweaks to enhance the realism in fs2k2. For example; enabling damage, tweaking the fs2002.cfg to a more realisitic setting. There are more that I can't remember that I'd like to use. Does anyone have a 'reality checklist' so to speak. A list of things to add or tweak upon a fresh installation that will make fs2k2 as real as it gets? Anyway, glad to be part of this group and thanks in advance for any reality insights.idle

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!