Sign in to follow this  

DXT3 Questions (and screenshots)

I'm trying to repaint a certain aircraft in some way, but I can't seem to get it right. I followed the instructions as set out by 'Matthew Murry' on the POSKY forums but to no avail.----One : Open up your texture, and save as a PSDTwo : Open the Channels Palette (Toolbar:Window>Channels)Three : Add a new channel. There are four icons at the bottom of the Channels Palette, it's the second one from the right. This will create an channel called "Alpha 1"Four : Paste or paint your alpha channel. Paint areas more black if you want mor eshine, or paint areas more white if you want less shine. Varying degrees of grey will give you different amounts of shine.Five : Flatten you texture and save as a PSDSix : Open 'Imagetool.exe" and open the PSD Texture you just saved.Seven : Convert to required bit depth (16bit/32bit/DXT1/DXT3) (Toolbar:Image>Format) Usually DXT3. Delete any mipmaps!Eight : Save the file as the texture in the "Aircraft>Texture>[Texture_t].bmp"Nine : Open FS2002, and test your plane.----But below shows the result. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/duc_huynh/111.JPGThe image on the left is the Select Aircraft box that you do on startup, but when I click OK, it changes to the image on the right when we're onto selecting an airport for example (you all probaby know what I mean).So, what have I done wrong? Or is it my Flight Simulator that's gone wrong?