Sign in to follow this  
Guest berniek

Flight Trip Chooser 1.0 (flight_trip_chooser_1_0.zip)

Guest berniek

I've just downloaded this application and have had no success in trying to use it. Among other things it's supposed to allow the user to choose a flight distance range and it will display all of the FS9 airports that fall within the distance range from the selected origination point. I realize that this file has just recently been released but it looks like it could be a really useful tool and I'mm anxious to have it in my library.

Guest JamesMc

I had problems as well with this. The drop down menu did not work for me. I sent the creator an email asking for help with no response. So I got rid of it. Too bad because it looked like a cool reference tool.

Guest berniek

I was able to get the drop down menu to work by un-protecting the worksheet and then inserting a row right under the drop down menu arrow. However, the drop down menu in my version of Excel shows "Custom" rather than "User Defined" as a choice. However, the file does not calculate distances between points properly. Another shortcoming appears to be that the spreadsheet does not let the user select a departure airport rather than random selection method provided by the speadsheet calculations. It's not rea;istic to think that anyone would want an "adventure" between two airports that are several thousand miles apart. I've also contacted the author, with no response yet. Hopefully he's already working to improve this tool.