Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

Samdim Tu-114 VC...

Hi All,Some advice please.I have installed this great plane and have no problems with it except for the length of time the VC takes to load- maybe 30 seconds of stuttering and banging as it sorts itself out. The 2D cockpit views take a few seconds to sort themselves out the first time they load, but after that they are there instantly and I wonder why the VC isn't the same. Is it a RAM problem? or could I disable the VC? In fact I think I've read that is not an option as it's in the model file.Anyway, it's a wonderful piece of work and this is just a post for advice.Thanks.Andy.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Answered my own question!! Disable the textures and gauges and it won't have to load anything and should fly straight through it.

What machine spec have you got, I have flown it on my Athlon 64 3200 754 socket single core processor with 512 megabytes RAM and a 5900 Graphics Card desktop which is not a high specification computer and I never had any problems with frame rates or loading times.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-114Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Hi,Thanks for your reply;Machine specs are -Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz512 Mb RAMAll-in Wonder 9800/Radeon 9800 AGP chip type128 Mbmain driver: ati2dvag.dllFirst time loading may take a few seconds for 2D, tower and spot- where the textures take a few seconds to come up; 2nd time round good as gold they'll be there.....but the vc always takes up to 20/30 seconds for it to all come up and that doesn't change as you scroll through the screens...it will always take that long. Even deleting the gauges didn't really make much difference!Andy.