Sign in to follow this  
Guest tkrajcar

FS9 Screen Redraw Issue

I'm having a couple really odd problems with my MSFS install. I'm hoping a reinstall isn't necessary as I had just gotten my setup about how I liked it when some problems started showing up.First of all, screen redraw. On complex aircraft (Wilco, PSS, for example) I have an odd screen redraw issue. Clicking on a knob to turn it redraws the screen from the top only to where the knob is - and often displays now-closed windows and other general corruption behind it.I know, it sounds like a video driver problem, but I'm not sure where to look in there - I have a 6600GS 256mb, running drivers 93.71 (freshly installed). I run in windowed mode.I'm not sure what triggered this to start happening as I had installed a couple different things including the PMDG 737 - removing it now has not solved the problem.This problem does not occur with the MSFS 172, oddly.Problem #2 that I hope I can fix.. when I close FS, instead of it closing normally, it crashes with a kernel32.dll error.Hoping folks have some ideas...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Some of that sounds like typical NVidia. I have the 6800 Ultra and I have similar issues. Except mine are in the Virtual Cockpit and only when it opens a 2-D window over it.To at least fix it for the time being, Hit the 'RESTORE' ( middle clickable button in the top-right part of the window ) button. Then click the 'MAXIMIZE' button again. What causes it to happen on my system is when I either minimize FS9 or open some window over FS9. If I click on a window on my second monitor it doesn't do it. Only when something is opened on top of it ( start-menu included ).Once you restore / re-maximize the window does that help?