Sign in to follow this  
Guest n9zn

Software Preservation

Guest n9zn

Hello group!As some may know I am new to flight simulation and recently purchased FS9 after hearing all the issues with FSX which I also purchased.I noticed that FS9 requires me (and the family) to constantly load and unload the FS9 CD #4 to run the flight simulator (unlike FSX). This has me a bit worried since I know what will eventually happen to the disk from continuious handeling. Simply stated it will become unuseable from being moved in and out of the drive.I know you might think I sould be careful and I am but I also have small grandkids who want to fly the planes. I don't believe telling them no is the answer nor is baby sitting them by changing disk for them. This is the only program I have that requires the disk to be in a drive to execute however I know the are many programs which operate this way and most of those are a much older generation of game software.I am wanting to know if anyone knows how to replace one disk from the package or copy the disk so we can handel the copy to start the program instead of damageing the original?I need some way to preserve disk #4 so I will not have to keep buying the whole package over and over. Paying once for FS9 is fine, paying over and over is absurd. Any ideas?Monty HowardN9ZN - Tampa Florida