Sign in to follow this  
Guest baman

Frame Rates (another one)

Hello,I have read the forum entries for fps problems but still have some questions.I am a reasonably long time user of FS and have a reasonable knowledge of it's inner workings.I fly the Flight1 ATR & PMDG B738, both in the VC.I use WideFS so addon programmes such as RC4 are not on the FS PC.My fps are locked at 24 and with all sliders maxed with no ai I hit 24 consistantly with minor fluctuation. As soon as I introduce ai my fps drop to between 1 and 5. The london area EGLL/EGKK/EGLC is a complete no fly zone with ai switched on. Even at say 50% it is poor to unflyable.I use Ultimate Traffic and have a mix of PAI and other ai although the majority is PAI. I do not use 'flyable' aircraft at all. I have the summer 06 time table installed. All european and eastern block airlines have aircraft assigned as well as the 'heavies' from further afieldMy traffic.bgl file is 63MB in size. This seems enormous to me. I deleted the old one and compiled a new one, no change in size.My afcads are well suited to ai having parking allocated in most cases.I only fly around Europe. The problem is evident at high density airports.My questions (at last) are; what makes pai ai such a drag on fps compared to say evolve & AIA, is a 63MB traffic file usual, does anyone know if SKJ aircraft are a drag on fps?My system is not state of the art but I have a athlon 64 3200 cpu, 7900 GTO graphics card 1Gb ram 2Gb Vm. The system runs excellently without ai!All help much appreciated.BestDave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm no help wish somebody could answer this one also. I have the PMDG 747 and it gives me trouble at any major airport in FS9. So I tried the Ifly 747 that did some better. FS9 can still bring a computer to it knees with to much AI and some payware addons.If its only the one area then thats oddity just there.