Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

Looking out the window.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dan,I believe that's a function of the virtual cockpit in GMax planes. Some plane designers include a wing view instead of a 3D panel. It's a lot less time consuming and probably a bit FPS friendlier.Joe

It's also a function in FSDS 2. It's also quite possible to include the 3d panel and the wing views. But as you note, the wing views are much easier--since all the pieces are part of the external view, whereas 3d panels are normally not built to the same level of detail when viewed from the outside.More designers are including the wing views--from the design standpoint they are little work (other than the sweat from getting them right in the external model). And even on low end machines, they have no fps hit.Other designers are including whole pax cabins--there is a DASH 8 due out soon that will include that. More of a fps hit for that. In recent weeks, the majority of the work released has had at least wing views--and I thank all those designers who give us the choice of being a pilot, or relaxing in first class from time to time :) As for cabin views, I love 'em on small aircraft, and am somewhat on the fence on airliners.... Sometimes the fps hit is too much vs. the level of detail. But the coming Dash 8...that may be the exception from what I've seen--great detail...