Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacilore

Need help with FS9 Flight Files

Hi all: I am developing a little tool for FS9 and for that I would need to know how FS9 Flight Files configuration is structured. My particular issue is to know where fs9 says in which folder it places "My saved flights" (or the correct translate in English, as my current fs9 is the spanish version). I'm not asking where it places that folder, as I believe to know that it does keep them in "My Documents", but what I would like is to know where FS9 establishes that path configuration, in order to be able to change it if desired.Thanks in advance and have a good Christmas.Jacilore

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Im *not sure* about this but I beleive you will find that information in the Registry. You can use the regedit to have a look or get one of the many freeware editors out there that have additional functions and a nicer interface. As always make a full backup of the Registry, create a Restore Point and backup all vital data before tweaking :)

Hi throttle:Well, I had not thought of that possibility, but I had a look at the Registry and found nothing about it. I think that path has to be registered in another place. But let's see if other people can find anything about it.Thanks anywayJacilore

Hi Jim;Thank you for your reply. I assume from your answer that I cannot manage that item, then.However, if I am not mistaken, "My saved Flights" (I have the spanish Fs-version, but I think it's spelled that way or similar in English), is located under the Administrator folder, which dependson the name the owner of the PC has given to it. Actually I wonder if a path which has to be "guessed" by the FS9 is so hard coded. So, sorry for looking unconfident, but, is it really so?.Thanks again.Jacilore