Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

textures

Guest william273

just downloaded a whole slew of textures for the default boeings. i haven't installed all yet, only two. i noticed on them that one side of the aircraft everything looks good but the other side some things are backwards. is this normal and just something i'll have to live with or just not a good job done. would like to know before i go installing all of them. i've heard of this before but didn't pay much attention as i'm just getting into the texture thing. thanks, william

Guest PARADISE

Due to limitations with the way the airplane textures are created for default aircraft certain aircraft can only be re-painted correctly on one side. The others side becomes a mirror image. Although they all have this limitation to a certain degree, the B-737 and B-777 default repaints are usually not too bad. If you have a repaint program installed, ie-Adobe Photo, FS Repaint, you could try to fix this errors yourself. Tutorals can be found in the Repainter's Forum here at Avsim. You can fix a few of the textures, but it can become a lot of work.John M

Guest william273

i thought it was something along those lines but wasn't sure. thanks very much. william