Sign in to follow this  
Guest gilesh

Major Problem with FS graphics.....

Guest gilesh

Hi all.I have developed a problem with my Flight Simulator 2004's graphics.(Please see attached screen shot.)The graphics in the in the distance in Flight Simulator is very blurry and no longer holds much detail. This problem is really annoying me, as I can no longer fly to those beautiful places on Flight Simulator (As the no longer look beautiful) and I have a high end system.These really blurry graphics appear really suddenly last week, with no warning and since then they have not disappeared. The blurry graphics appeared, accompanied by a drop in frame rates and increase in slight increase in ram usage when in Flight Simulator. Last week I was getting a very respectable 60-70fps in "Spot Plane View", now I am lucky if I can get 40fps.I did not install any new software and I have no background programs running when I play Flight Simulator.I have tried adjusting the FS9 display settings but It does not change the blurriness. All my FS9 settings are on maximum and how they used to be before this problem occurred. I also have extended terrain textures turned on. I have my visibility set to 60nm, any more and this problem looks even worse.I have tried upgrading to the latest Nvidea Graphics Drivers and defragging my Hard Disks.My System specs are:Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz CPU320Gb HDD1Gb of ram.Nvidea 7600gt graphics card.I have also attached my FS9.cfg if people would be as kind to compare it with their FS9.cfg.One thing I did notice is that there may be a slight problem with these values in my FS9.cfg:TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1307992Thanks for your help.Giles.

Guest neslesman

I'm fairly new to this but I can see some of those are wayyyyy out of whack.Just commenting on the las three I use TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4.5TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=5.5.00000 I found anything higher than this setting would cause crashes.TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=232 I'm sure others can expand further but that's what works for me. That extreem high terrain extended levels of yours would certainly cause problems and the other two zeroes should as well IMO.Edit: If my numbers looked like they changed a lot, they did. I had typo errors and mixed up each one.

Hi,Try these:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.990000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=0Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest gilesh

Thanks for your help guys.I tried changing the above parts of the fs9.cfg to what you recommended, however it still looks blurry but the frame rates went back up to there original 60-70fps, so now I just need to find a way to get rid of the blurriness. All help is really appreciated.ThanksGiles.