Sign in to follow this  
Guest neslesman

RealityPacks 1& 2 questions

Guest neslesman

I see there is a popular file in the library called RealityPack 1.2 (textures)by Sascha Rieger and it has something like 62 thousand downloads. Surprisingly I don't recall ever seeing any posts about it and wouldn't mind hearing some opinions. Actually I searched the FS9 forum and found only one post with the file name in the title and that post was negative with a number of following posts in non agreement.I note that one of the items contained in the file was FS9 cliffs and that is something that does have a lot of room for improvement.Any comments? Also curious if there are some specific textures in the file are must have versus installing it all.

Guest martin842

I tried it when it first appeared, but deleted it quite quickly, though I cannot remember precisely why now.I do remember the cliffs, though. They are photo textures, and like all photo textures they looked great from a distance but pretty terrible close up.Martin

Guest neslesman

With so many downloads I'm surprised there has been so little comment in the forums, maybe that's why.Thanks Martin.

Guest Mr Chips

You're kidding, there were several long threads on said pack. It received very positive comments. This was before Ground Environment came a long, I suspect many users moved to GE.

Guest neslesman

I did search the FS9 forum Mr. Chips but got only 1 hit. You're post got me thinking and of course, the archive I checked has only been up since FSX came about.Now I've got lots of posts to research. I wouldn't have figured that out without your post. Will have to remember that in the future.