Sign in to follow this  
Guest cebrown

Scenery shift

Guest cebrown

I've recently had a shift of position of the default scenery of MGGT Guatemala. The afcad position and the runway positions in the PMDG and LDS databases remain the same as before, but the actual scenery seems to have moved to the edge of the plateau and I can no longer taxy to the end of runway 01, the a/c falling down the slope before reaching the holding point. I have removed recent installs and have also re-installed ap923260 into the SAME folder of FS/scenery but with no success. Also the default terminal has gone, replaced by a much smaller one. I've tried making new scenery for MGGT with EZ-Scenery but nothing shows up although I can make other areas show with it. Can anyone offer any other possible solutions, please?Colin Brown

Guest ThrottleUp

Grab the original file from your FS9 CDs. Make sure you have all backups of your current files and then just drag em off the CD and dump them into the scenery folder in question.The files on the CD are of course compressed but many freeware unzippers exist that let you easily look inside them without unzipping :)

Guest cebrown

I had already tried that with no success. Have been trying again and have found the problem. It was caused by flores.zip scenery of MGTK by Bob Whitney. There were 2 files in flores.zip which affected MGGT,(gua1rmw.bgl and gau1_exc.bgl). Having removed them both, both sceneries work normally. Can't e-mail Bob to let him know, his old address doesn't work.Thanks for tryingColin Brown