Sign in to follow this  
Guest shelley1995

Finding correct nav freq.

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Having fun learning more about gps.However I have question:Setting up flight plan, I go to map to find nav freq, click on, get what I think is freq. Enter it into nav1 but does not work.I am at Kwys.I clicked all the correct buttons. I think the nav is 110.70. If someone checks, can you tell me if I am wrong and how to know the right freq? Thank you much

Guest jimcooper1

Yes, the ILS frequency at Yellowstone is 110.70.Does your radio have both Active and Standby frequencies?...make sure you haven't just selected 110.70 as standby but have made it active.RegardsJim

Guest neslesman

Occasionally you will get no reception from a VOR or ILS in real life too. I had one yesterday in Japan in FS9. Perhaps they are simulating a service being down, maybe poor reception, perhaps there is an error in FS9 or perhaps some add on has changed frequencies but not updated FS9's GPS/system.I just tried 110.70 on the runway at KWYS and got a signal(simulated of course) but signals can have very limited range in mountainous terrain. ILS signals are not as strong as VOR either as they are only required on approach.