Sign in to follow this  
Guest ReneGM

Confused about Left and Right in gmax

I would appreciate your help with this seemingly simple matter.As I was reading the gmax tutorial on how to model an airplane, I noticed that the left viewport shows a P-38 in profile as seen from the right. At first I thought that this was simply a minor mistake made while they were making the help file in which the tutorial is stored. But wait, there's more.I am reading Kelly Murdock's gmax Bible. In Chapter 2, page 57 when discussing loading images to be used as backgrounds on the viewports to aid in the modeling process the Left viewport shows the unmistakable right side of the swan.I also bought a collection of model from TurboSquid. I got something called a Starter Pack. The only two models I have looked at, a GMC truck and a Jeep both are shown from the right side on the left viewport.So my question is: does left mean right in gmax?Thanks for your help in advance.Mr. Mata

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is simply in relation to the World View -- if you look at the Top view, left and right are correct.To confuse things more, the supplied Curtis Jenny model is facing the wrong way -- in the left view you are looking at the left arm of the pilot (which I assume you would expect to see, from your posting), but in the front view you see the back.Visit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=