Sign in to follow this  
Guest retirred

Understanding CAD

Guest retirred

Using FSDS Ver 3. Trying to learn how to design a fuselage with a backdrop.Place "Tube" on backdrop after filling in blanks in backdrop scale and "Tube Properties". Make mdl file and open up FS 9.Question: Placing my design next to a AI Aircraft, everything looks way out of proportion. Are the AI scales different than what we use when designing? My design is way to big even after scaling down size.Original P-47D fuselage without engine mount is: 33'. Width is: 4.46'. I used these numbers first and no good compared to AI 737-400.So I made second fuselage at 16.5 and width at 1.75. Does not look any better at all.What is proper scaling technique for desiging aircraft in FSDS?Thank you

I still think the advice we gave in this thread applies even though you're asking a different question:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...65&mesg_id=8165In the very least, start by posting your questions in the Aircraft and Panel design forum, which is here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=122They will get more visibility there, as traffic in this forum causes threads to vanish quickly.Off the top of my head, I believe your units may be set to meters vs. feet in your FSDS project. There's no difference in scaling an aircraft regardless of its final purpose. But if your units is set to meters and you're considering each square on your grid a foot for measuring your backdrop, you will get models over three times as large as their real life counterparts.-John