Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard_H

Framerate Benchmark

Seeing the debate about framerates in this thread:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8I wonder if there is (or we should create) a benchmark test scenario so that framerate claims can be compared legitimately.For example, we could have the "Meigs Standard". Something like:- Default Meigs- Default Cessna 172 on the active at 36- Display Scenary/Aircraft Sliders maxed. All boxes checked.- Performance - Resolution 1024*764*16, Target Framerate Unlimited, Sliders maxed, boxes checked, Trilinear Filtering.- Realism - Hard- MS Default Clouds Broken - that defaults to 5/8 cumulus from 5000' - 8000'- Visibility Unlimited- Summer / Day SettingsOnce fired up, switch to External View (ie hit S 3 times on entry). Wait for the camera angle to settle down.Shift Z for the frame rate, and print screen for the proof.You should get something like the shot below. Yep - I using a 400Mhz Compaq Armada E500 laptop, Rage Mobility Card, and 320Mb RAM :).Anyway, the beauty of this is that the set up is pretty much the standard initial set up when you enter FS - you just have to max everything out and make a few tweaks to the weather. Also, I guess FS9 will have this as the default setup too. We would have to state which version of FS we using when the time comes.Thoughts?RichardPS Avsim, please don't scrap this 'cos of the shot, I'm trying to make a point here.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!