Sign in to follow this  
Guest jim1931

How to change fs9 default aircraft?

How/where is the default setup and how can I change it to a different aircraft?TIAJim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Little tired here so not sure if i read your post right, But you want to change what the default plane that is displayed when you goto create flight?If so, I do not have the answer and i have never seen anywhere around about such a change / option? Not to say that it is'nt out there some where...The only other thing i can possibly suggest as i have no idea on your need. But you can save a flight and then use that instead of your FS icon/shortcut to start flight sim... This way will skip the select aircraft screen and just go straight to game with your saved situation file.

Hi JimIf what you want, is for your sim to start with an aircraft other than the MSFS default, then that is easy.In 'create a flight', set up the location and aircraft that you desire.Click on 'save flight' and in the window that opens, check the box that reads 'make this my default flight'. Click 'OK' and this will now be your default aircraft and location.A point to be aware of is that many people recommend starting with the MSFS default aircraft and changing it once the sim has started. This can avoid problems. If I try and start with the HJG Boeing 707, the sim crashes to desktop. If I start with MSFS 737, then change to the HJG 707, everything runs fine.Hope this is of help.Kevin