Sign in to follow this  

Multiple Screen Names???

Guest WorkingStiff

I just read a thread that would have been extremely informative except for the fact that I quickly became confused by the apparent use of multiple screen names by some posters. Here is the thread:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...ewmode=threadedIt is very difficult to make sense of a discussion when the participants are using multiple names. In the thread I posted, I can't figure out if Bigshot and Elrond are the same person. This in itself is very odd since Elrond is a highly respected contributor and I wouldn't like to think that he would resort to the subterfuge of another screen name.But in another thread last week, Bigshot and Arklight (Shane) were exchanging opinions about video cards and the abrasive style used by Bigshot was certainly not what I had come to expect from Elrond. Here is that thread: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...D8&viewmode=allI sincerely hope I am wrong in this case since it seems we are going down that slippery slope that led to the reorganization of the boards last year.

Yes, I noticed I'm a Bigshot now too... :-lolThe answer to your conspiracy is evident if you look at the thread for a moment: Richard's reply indentation doesn't match up anymore because there was a thread corruption. Bigshot's original post to Paul and one of my own replies have "merged" - except the first part of my message and the last part of Bigshot's are now MIA. Even better, entire posts from FPSFREAK are now missing (Sorry Bobby, I had to say it! :-lol).I've always wanted to melt into my wife and live a chicks life for a day - just to see if I could get away with the murder she does simply by being cute and winking at me(n) *:-*. While Bigshot may be a nice guy (or lady), I've reconsidered now and would like my own virtual body back, thank you very much. :-eek :-smile12Welcome to the AVSIM Forum's these days... Since it isn't slow enough to keep you frustrated enough, they go and slice people together. :-batTake care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Guest Vulcho

LOL @ ElrondDude, I love your banner. :-lolAlex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Guest FPSFREAK

And here I thought that everyone on here hated me already. (Some probably do but I geuss that's life LOL). I think it's a conspiracy against me. Somewhere theres a grassy knoll w my name on it.

Hmmm... Bobby Knoll.Sounds more like the next bloke in line to milk the NFL (MLB, NHL, PGA, CPL - insert your favorite three letter sports acronym here) for those silly millions. Or, the name of the next action figure crack from those marketing drolls. :-)No one hates you Bob... That little net rift yesterday was a few hours of Sunday entertainment and nothing more - now that you've now been indoctrinated into the Flame Club, feel welcomed! :-)Take care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Guest FPSFREAK

Well that makes me feel better.! I will admit that I enjoy having my buttons pushed as much as pushing someone elses sometimes. Like I said if I can help I will. And your right...Made a rainy sunday go by real fast LOL.Bobby

Guest WorkingStiff

Elrond,Thanks for clarifying. Since I only read the thread this morning I had no way of knowing what was deleted or which posts were corrupted but the statements shown under your name were rather out of character.

Guest PaulL01

Ok Folks, Gonna drop the bomb:I've thought long and hard on this and feel I have enough freinds here that I can All tell you this, (I hope) Its not really true... I mean, well....(this is harder than I thought)...actually I suffer from split personalities and I find it better or easier on everyone to use different names depending on how I am feeling and I guess it all kind of caught up with me, think about it;- when I am feeling Intellectual like and comfortable with myself I feel at ease using Elrond (me) and when I am somewhat uptight but still able to draw on some of my knowledge of systems and design I use Paul01 (after an old friend) and when I feel Like I

Wot the H is going on here?Are you kidding? I find this less than funny and even more confusing! :(

:-lol!THANK GOD! One of my personalities finally came "out of the closet", so to speak... Its been such a hard deception to keep up all these years - I simply feel so relieved! {twitch} ... {tWItcH}I am a bit suprised to finally realize this morning that in actuallity EVERYONE on this forum has been one of my a-ego's all these years... I wonder if any other "people" actually use this forum?I'm beginning to feel so alone again.Paul01 - please take control ("come out to ppplllaaaayyy!" are the usual trigger words, lets hope it still works!) - I can't handle this as well as I thought. :-(Take care,Elropaushot---[link:www.multiple-personality.com|Tested Detenator driver database 31.xx-42.xx here][link:www.multiple-personality.com|FS2k2.cfg tweaks for the best image quality-Short][link:www.multiple-personality.com|FS2k2.cfg tweaks for the best image quality-Long][link:www.multiple-personality.com|FS2k2.cfg tweaks for the best image quality-Pics][link:www.multiple-personality.com|Update on the Levels=1 line w/pics]FS2k2 box:XP3000-333fsb 13.5x178-fsb =2.41GHz Alpha PAL8045 HTS Asus A7n8x-NforceII BIOS-1002-UBAR 512MB Corsair XMSPC3000 DDR @356Mhz CL2 GF4TI4400 O/C 305/700 DET 42.01 DX8.1 WinXPAntec PLUS1080 case w/truepower-430W PSD3D settings: MMap=LOD-0.1 AAx2Q Anisotropic= x4/32tap Vsync=on FW=off SBA=on AGP set@256mb[link:www.multiple-personality.com]3Dmark2001SE score=14085

Guest Iain Spowart

Elrond,Didn't you know that there are only 500 real people in the world and everyone else is just a figment of our imaginations?:-lolIain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Rockettes Dance Squad Official Web-Sitehttp://avsim.iainspowart.com/rockettes.gifhttp://www.scottishrockettes.comScottish Claymores Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.comMotorsport Photographyhttp://www.iainspowart.com

Well that kind of sheds a whole new light on bigotry and racism, doesn't it?!:-)But why am I talking to myself... again!Take care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)