Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

A/C shows *only* when I shift their position in .cfg? Why?

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello friends :)This has been eating my head all morning :(I have all my A340-300 planes in a single folder each aliased to its respective engine & model variant in the aircraft.cfg I have 32 liveries present in the aircraft.cfgToday I wanted to add a Sri Lankan Airlines A340-300 so I went about it in the usual way, ading the following to the 33rd slot in the .cfg:-----------------------------------------------------------------[fltsim.33]title=Project Opensky - Airbus A340-300 Sri Lankan Airlines WVsim=A340-300-GE-CFM56-5C2model=WVpanel=WVsound=texture=checklists=....etc-----------------------------------------------------------------Loaded FS9...plane does not show in menu :(Just for kicks I move it into the first position:[fltsim.0]Loaded FS9 and....the plane appears.http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0007.gif1. Why would this be happening?2. Is there some kind of a limit on the number of repaints you can point to in the aircraft.cfg?As an aside: Of the 32 repaints I do have...only 24 are showing in the sim, I have checked , checked and checked the model=, sim= & texture= again and again so they are 100% correct.But after this Sri Lankan thing I now know that if I move repaint # 26 into position # 5 it will work..... *SIGH*Please could you advice me!!!!!Thanks!!!!

Guest tango papa

I think you have found your problem, a "limit" to how many planes you can use. An easy fix would be to regroup by model/engine type, and have seperate folders as required. You would have to shuffle A/C, Model, and texture cfg's, but it beats reinstalling.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest ThrottleUp

Yea I guess I will have to do that. Seems its the Posky A340s that this happens to because I have an iFDG A319 folder with 50 entries in its .cfg!Thanx for the reply :)