Sign in to follow this  
Guest organist123

FS won't run!!!

Guest organist123

Dear all,For some reason I have just tried to load up FS9 and it gets to the opening splash page and then I get the message 'completing setup: generating scenery file indexes'. It sits at 4% and then freezes.This happened about 3 months ago and then, having not used the program for some time it seemed to literally fix itself. Again it seems to have gone amiss and yet I have not done anything (knowingly) to my system. It has been unplugged for some days but I cant imagine that would effect anything?Does anybody have any ideas what could be going wrong? Im using Windows XP if that is of any interest.Many thanks in advance.

Guest Tom Goodrick

Try to slim down the profile of FS. Do you have any scenery add-ons? If so, move them temporarily to a storage folder outside FS9. Check if other programs you have added are reducing your available RAM. Are you running anything new in the background?You may be due for an Uninstall/Reinstall of FS9.