Sign in to follow this  
Guest racketman

FS9 in Vista

If I am committing the mortal sin of asking a question that has been asked numerous times, forgive, I am on my way out and am frustrated, thus did not search.I recently purchased a new laptop for when I am on the road and made sure it could handle FlightSim. I picked up a copy of FS X Deluxe (luckily a used one, so I was only out 25 bucks) and though it runs fine on the laptop with all sliders at at least 75%, I find it most unrewarding. Oh sure, nice little details on the ground and moving traffic flits about - oh joy, problem is, I spend most of my time at FL330 or higher - so big deal. The backwards compatability stinks and aircraft add-ons are slow in coming while many developers are not even following up on the new version at all - as you are all painfully aware.SOOOOOO - here is the problem. I uninstalled FS X adn ionstalled FS 9 , but I can't get fS9 to run well at all on Vista. Control problems, view problems, frame rate problems, etc.. Now I am really ticked. I have a laptop with 2G memory, top of the line mobile video card, hot rockin Duo 2 processor and FS 9 won't soar like an Eagle, but FS X will. Talk depression. Any ideas out there???Again, pardon if answers are buried in other forum pages. If you know of them, just point me in their direction. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!