Sign in to follow this  
Guest PalmerFan4Life

FS9 Keeps crashing???

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Hey, Everyone FS9 keeps randomly crashing on me and im not sure why? I get no errors or anything the screen just goes blank and then the Microsoft Error Report service pop ups and thats it. I recently reinstalled my copy of the PMDG 747-400F along with the 609 AIRAC demo cycle from navigraph and the latest terminal procedures from planepath could those be the culprit? It was running fine before I installed all that.regards, Ryan

Guest richpress

If your MS error report pops up then check your application reference in the event viewer. ie control paneladministration toolsevent viewerapplication. Post the dll error reference here. I have had a series of similar frustrating crashes recently all with the reference to "terrain dll"error. I finally narrowed this down to a hardware (not software) problem ( my graffics card fan was only working intermittently. (loose connection.) Also my computer had a lot of accumulated dust on the case /cpu fans. A clean up improved temperatures no end.Richard

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Richard Thank you for your reply what ever the problem was it is gone (for now). It appears the problem child of this issue was the PMDG 747-400 checklist I tried moving it to the 747-400F main folder so I could use it for the 744F. The game kept crashing everytime I opened the electronic kneeboard and clicking on the checklist simply removing this file and putting it back in it's proper place solved the issue.- Ryan

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Well I thought the problem was fixed guess not FS just crashed again. I checked the Event Viewer and here is what it says.The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs9.exe, 9.1.0.40901, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 00000000.Im begaining to think the FS9 registry entry is currupt now?Ryan

Guest wji

Here's my stock answer to FS9 C2DN.B. FS9.1 patch must be installedI can't comment specifically on this error as I've never experienced it. I have, however, experienced many C2D in FS9 until I stopped using the FS9 logbook. My procedure to restore FS2004 after a C2D was to delete the fs9.cfg file (located here: C:Documents and SettingsUsernameApplicationDataMicrosoftFS9FS9.CFG) When FS9 is restarted, it will create a new fs9.cfg and it takes about another four-minutes to reset your former settings (which were deleted with the fs9.cfg file).[/font size]P.S. I had over twenty crashes-2-desktop in FS9 while using the Logbook. I have not had one since NOT using the FS9 Logbook. Now, is someone going to tell me it was NOT the Logbook causing the c2d?)

Guest richpress

I haven't seen this event message. I installed an additional copy of FS9 patched to 9.1 (but no addons) to try to narrow down the cause of the crashes. I have since used this copy for addon testing purposes.My crashes continued using the test program which led me to think that the problem was not software but hardware related. I use a program called FS registry repair tool which is freeware available throught Flight one."FS_Registry_Repair.exe" Richard

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Hey, Everyone It appears the problem child was after all the FS9 Logbook. I would like to report after disabling it FS9 has not crashed anymore.- Ryan