Sign in to follow this  
Guest billnltc

Replace Default C172 in FS Flight Lessons

Guest billnltc

Hi Folks... Does anyone happen to know if there's a way in which to use an aircraft other than the default Cessna in the Flight Lessons portion of FS? In my day-to-day flying I use the Flight1 C172. It's such a superior aircraft to the default C172, I'd prefer to use it in the lessons also. Thanks for any insight...

Mmm.. I know for a fact that JustFlight Flying Club gives you the abililty to swap the default planes for the planes in the package (C152, Piper 180 etc) but it all happens in the black box during installation.However if you go to e.g. *.*Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Lessonsstudent you'll find three files with the same name:lesson 1.microsoft flight simulator application (as it's called in on my system)lesson 1.abllesson 1.wxYou can open "lesson 1.microsoft flight simulator application" with an editor like notepad. After opening find the section named:{Plane.0} (where {} stands for square brackets) Aircraft=Cessna Skyhawk 172SPAnd change the aircraft to the exact name of your specific aircraft. This name can be found in the {fltsim.0} section of the aircraft.cfg of the intended aircraft. However remember that Rod your CFI might not like it because he uses the default aircraft to explain and highlight certain gauges during the lesson. So I don't know how the 'abl' (adventure file which stores the scripts) will react to a changed parameter. But as always make backups and remember that I'm not responsible for any damage to your computer because of your little experiments :)All the best,Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest billnltc

Rob... You're a virtual genius...!! I really appreciate your time and the articulate, detailed reply. It worked perfectly. After literally dozens of failed private pilot checkrides in the default 172, I was able to pass just now on the 2nd attempt (botched the steep turn the first time) in the Flight1 model.Don't know why I cared. Just a matter of principle, I guess.Thank you, again.P.S. >>> Love your "pull the stick back" credo...!!Take care...