Sign in to follow this  
Guest md_eleven

Unable to install FS9

Hi all! I had to unsinstall my FS9 with all its files as it became very unstable and 9 out of 10 flights ended in FS9 crashing and closing down on me. Now, the problem I have is that I put in disc1 then disc2 and 3 and the installation runs fine, but then when I insert disc4 I get an error saying "autorun/setup has encountered a problem" and the installation shuts down. I initially though it was the disc and even bought a brand new copy of FS9, but it turns out the new copy does exactly the same. I also tried to manually continue the installation before autorun can start, but I think the setup exe has the same problem. I am wondering if either a: someone could help me solve the problem with the discs or b: since all the other files installed sucessfully help me by simply telling me how to manually install the remaining files (copy and paste) from the CD into the FS9 folder. I still have FSX which runs fine. I uninstalled that as well to see if that interferes, but it didn't change anything. I hope I can get this fixed as I am not quite ready to give up on FS9 yet and solely fly in FSX. Thanks a lot! stefan www.fsclips.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!