Sign in to follow this  
Guest ebe2000

DSB Tornado

Guest ebe2000

I got a slight problem with the DSB Tornado Freeware. It seems that when I select the nav lights it shows a burner (reheat) animation, and the cannon contiues to fire, and it appears that its trying to drop someting off the centerline station (it is a white rectangular strobe like box that falls to the ground under the jet). I really dont care to fire any ordinance with this aircraft, I really just want to fly it for the sake of flying it. I installed the custom panel by a fellow named Welker. it works just great. Now I just need to figure out where and what I need to edit out of file to stop the cannon and the dropping of whatever. I would like it just to turn on the navlights and that is it....Marvin

Guest Binncott

Hi Marvin,If you open the aircraft configuration file (the text one) and scroll down to the section headed [LIGHTS].Within that section you should be able to detect which entries relate to cannon fire. Although I don't have the a/c, I would surmise that the entry will end something like: fx_dsb_tornado_cannon.Just delete that entry and anything like bomb drop or similar.As regards the afterburner, nothing to prevent that happening, other than selecting various light switches (from the panel) until you find which one is tied to the effect.Hope this helpsBC

Guest ebe2000

BC;Well, after much hair pulling and grinding of teeth, I found this solution about ten minutes ago. I went into the effects folder and moved out some files that basicly stated fx.tornado.cannon, one that said bomb, one that said reheat and left the ones that pertained to the lighting, and it all went away! May not have been the way to do it, but it worked. And now, I can fly all over the joint without having the cannon trying to take out that little Beech Baron or that Speedbird out in front of me....that would be rather bad form to do so.... I can deal without the reheat animation for now, and the ordinace well, if it were as I said a combat sim, that may have been a really serious issue. Other than that, they all look great and fly pretty well. I dont know exactly how a Tornado is supposed to fly, but this one is twitchy on the stick, so that reminds me of another high performance jet I tried to fly in the real world. SO it seems pretty close....Thank you very much for jumping in and giving me your input, it was truly appreciated...Marvin

Guest Binncott

No worries mate, glad you found a solution that works for you.CheersBC