Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

Yak 42 Aircraft by Yak-42 Group - Need Help

Guest Stanner1953

I downloaded from Avsim the Yak 42 aircraft by the Yak 42 group. I have been unable to set the radio frequencies in either NAV 1 or NAV 2. I also cannot get the autopilot to operate properly.The documentation with this download is not the best, and details of the panel are in Russian. The English version simply explains what the various switches are for, but it is difficult to tell when a swithc is on or off. Also I have been unable to tune in a frequency in the NAV 1 or NAV 2 radio. I even played around with the Radio section of the Aircraft.cfg file.Does anyone know how to tune these radios, and how to turn on the autopilot? Thanks.Stanner Stanner

Guest ha5mvo

>I downloaded from Avsim the Yak 42 aircraft by the Yak 42>group. I have been unable to set the radio frequencies in>either NAV 1 or NAV 2. I also cannot get the autopilot to>operate properly.>>The documentation with this download is not the best, and>details of the panel are in Russian. The English version>simply explains what the various switches are for, but it is>difficult to tell when a swithc is on or off. Also I have>been unable to tune in a frequency in the NAV 1 or NAV 2>radio. I even played around with the Radio section of the>Aircraft.cfg file.>>Does anyone know how to tune these radios, and how to turn on>the autopilot? >>Thanks.>Stanner> >StannerStanner,Since this is a "work in progress" project, some pieces like the electric panel are not implemented yet. As a result, the avionics for instance would only become alive once the engines are running, so to get the VOR receivers to work fire those up. In addition, there's a auto/manual switch on the VOR tuner - leave it on "manual" and hopefuly you'll be able to dial in your station.

Guest Stanner1953

Gentlemen,Thank you for your replies. I have been trying to set the NAV radios' frequency with the engines ON.I know where the "Course System Operation Mode Select Switch" is located in the top of the throttle panel. I also know how to open it by right clicking the mouse. I also know how to change the position of the switch by left clicking the mouse. What I do not know is which position is considered "Normal Tunning" is it LEFT or RIGHT?Thank you.Stanner

Guest ha5mvo

Stanner,do your coms work? That would indicate wether or not your avionics are on. (that's with respect to the nav tuning)As for the directional gyro alignment:For tuning uncover the switch and put it in the left position (tuning). Then, keep the alignment button pressed until the HSI/RMI stop rotating.Do it in both MK and GPK position.Once aligned just right click the lid (the switch will move to the right as well - "operation" mode).The gyros should work in MK (magnetic course) mode