Sign in to follow this  
Guest brigden

Turkey SRTM mesh, East & West

Guest brigden

Hi.I am new to this forum but I have a problem over the above Mesh.I have been busy in the past days downloading Turkish "Addons".One of the sites put me onto the STRM mesh by Yohann Bapstiste (turkey_east_srtm.zip & turkey_west_strm.zip). On his site he shows JPEG images of various areas throughout Turkey. I was struck by the 2 images of scenery from Alanya. This is an area that I have been 7 times on holiday to & was thus very interested in.I downloaded the East & West area's & installed this into my FS2004 Addon scenery. I placed the scenery setting to below all of my Addon scenery for Turkey. On attempting to fly over Alanya & other areas, I saw nothing of the detailed town view's that was indicated on his website download page. The mesh was evident as the harbour hill at Alanya was shown, but no buildings as such.I have tried to contact the Turkish Forum but they do not accept anymore members. So I am a bit stuck!!!!Could someone please tell me, should I see his JPEG "gallery" sceneries or not. Dennis Brigden

Guest daniel.alm

I'm not sure I understand your problem, but I guess you were expecting to get detailed towns with the installation of the mesh?If that's what you mean, mesh is only terrain elevation. That means that will get more detailed hills, cliffs, etc. Detailed towns can be achieved by using better landclass for a generic approach, or specific town sceneries, where landmarks of the real city are also represented in the sim.

Guest brigden

Hi Daniel.That is what I have always thought. But, on opening this website & the download, there is an "Album" file showing detailed scenery of various major towns & Antalya Airport.This is what has confused me (I am 75 so not so young these days & up to date).Why should a designer of such a mesh show detailed scenery of Alanya town,if its not possible to see it in a flight condition????????For me this was very confusing. On seeing the detail, there must be somewhere a site that HAS designed this town. How can I find this????Dennis Brigden

Guest daniel.alm

Hi Dennis,Yeah, I guess the author of the mesh could have explained it a bit better. Anyway, check this site out:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004/turkey.phpYou'll find many Turkish airports there as well as a link to a VFR scenery of Turkey.Hope this helps!Regards,Daniel

Guest brigden

Hi Daniel.Many thanks again for your reply. The site that you have given me is in fact the one that put me in the first place onto Turkish scenery etc.I have in fact already downloaded & installed most of the airfields & two meshes.If you are interested you can on that site run down to the bottom of the page & if you find "Turkey Mesh. Another Version" open the "West" area you will find a view "Turkey_West_srtm-4.jpg.That view is in fact the town of Alanya. You can see that it is a "simulation" picture & not a "photo". I would love to be able to track down the designer of that scenery. Unfortunately there is no way of getting in touch with the designer of the Mesh, that I know of.What I will try is to contact the name at the bottom of the overal site, Robert-Jan Oosterloo, maybe he can help me.Again thanks.Dennis Brigden

Guest brigden

Hi DanielNo that is not the scenery as I already have that installed. It works reasonably ok, but there are clashes with the overall mesh that I am using.I have sent an Email to this chap Robert-Jan Oosterloo, so I am hoping to get a reply from him soon. I will keep you intouch if I hear anything.Dennis