Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

Why I like my 9700 Pro..........

:-eek After some of you guys setting me in my place so to speak and spending some time reading a lot of posts, I took what I gathered,sat down and went to work on all my settings...What I ended up w was this......It's my first real "Screenshot" so bear w me.....I Still can't believe this is a game sometimes....Settings for Image: 9700 @ Stock clock, 6X AA, 16X AF all sliders maxed except for # of lights (6), 1024x768x32. Thanks to everyone for the help.Bobby

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

bobby; Open up your fs2002 cfg file and under the terrain section change the last three lines as follows:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000 //2.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000 //4.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3 //1Those are from Paul's list of recommended settings. It takes a bit more ram to run it; but you got the ram; so won't be a problem. It'll extend your terrain textures out further.

Very nice shot. It looks your settings are good. If you don'y mind my asking, where did you get this airplane. She looks fine.Ron

Bigs thanks for the tip. Going to try that now.Ron the plane is straight from the library here. May take a while to do the search but it's here. If you'd like let me know and I will E-mail it to you.Bobby

Looks great Bobby. I'm happy to hear your satisfaction with your machine: always the most important aspect of this hobby. The few other cfg tweaks should help that along nicely.Take care,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

El or bigs I have a question. Is there a post that lists the rest of the tweaks or should I just cruise the board searching for them here and there.Thanks again for all the help guys !!Bobby