Sign in to follow this  
Guest loud

Problem with turbine sounds

Guest loud

Hi!I have problem with turbine sounds, there isn't sound, when I switch to prop aircraft (piper) all works fine but when switching on boeing or pss airbus or smth else then all sounds except turbine are. this happen when I clean my pc with error doctor I think (maybe I'm wrong). What should I do? I reinstall fs2004 and again no sound.... :((loud

Guest wji

I have no idea what may be causing this FS9 sound problem but one can always do what Microsoft did when creating their simulation programs: simply alias the sound to any other aircraft:Sound.B777_Default fltsim]alias=B737_400sound

When I had that same problem a few years ago, I learned on a forum that the audio CODECs were probably corrupted. The solution was to uninstall and reinstall the CODECs; then the turbine sounds came back. The CODECs are part of Windows, not FS9.At that time I was using Win98SE and had to search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for the procedure. Sorry that I can't be more help. Let us know how you solve your problem so others can benefit.Regards,JerryH