Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rassie

FS9 aircraft stability versus FSX aircraft stability

Hi.I,ve found that aircraft in FSX (default) is much more stable in flight than the FS9 default aircraft. For example, to fly the FS9 Bell 206 with realism settings set to Full, is very demanding and it is close to impossible to hover without the aircraft moving in a direction. However, the Bell 206 of FSX is much more stable under the same conditions and it is also "easy" to hover-taxi at an airfield.I've compared both airfiles and aircraft config files, and concerning the cfg files, there is not realy a difference between the two. I've even used the FSX air file and the cfg file of the Bell 206 and used them in FS9, however, there was no difference in the handling of the aircraft in FS9Is there any other file in FSX that make this aircraft more stable than in FS9?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hovercontrol staff (read helicopter pilots) have spent years adjustingthe flight charteristics and settings of helicopters in FS9. Theyreally do want to crash an are difficult to hover, so I guess thatFSX is a step backwards when in comes to helicopter flight dynamics.They just take a bit of practice.Tom