Sign in to follow this  
Guest OCTheEagle

Distant flickers

For some reason I have problems with 'distant flickers' while flying over (auto-gen) scenario. An example can be seen at the following url: http://home.wanadoo.nl/wjnijh of/afstand.jpg (remove the space after 'nijh')When you look below the plane (the 'close' scenario) everything looks sharp and correct. The more you move to the horizon, the more unsharp it becomes. The unsharp parts also flicker a lot while flying.I've tried the following things to fix the problem:- Increasing/decreasing amount of mip maps, ingame as well as in nvidia control panel.- Increasing/decreasing anti-aliasing level, ingame as well as in nvidia control panel.- Increasing/decreasing drawing distance.- Enabling disabling bilinair/trilinair filtering, ingame as well as in nvidia control panel.-Searched with the words 'distant flickers' with google and avsim.com. Only thing I found with google was a site saying distant flickers may happen when using an ATI card and doing a 'dualscreen' setup. Seeing as I don't have an ATI card, this problem is not relevant for me.All settings in FS2004 are at max with the exception of 'draw distance'.System rig:- Core 2 duo 6600- Geforce 8800 GTS with 158.22 drivers- 2x 1 gig Kingston memory- Tested on a Samsung 215TW monitor (1680x1050) #### well as an Iiyama Prolite E1700S (1280x1024)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!