Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

CAPT SIM BOEING 727 intsllation routine

I am thinking of purchasing the Capt Sim Boeing 727. I remember that when this was first released there was a lot of disatisfaction because a so called Beta version was shipped. Then I recall that when the proper full version was released it was a "mission" to obtain it and once purchased (download version) the installation routine was a pain. Can anybody who has purchased the Capt Sim 727 please advise me on both the issue pertainig to the puchasing of this software and importandly exactly what the installation routine is after this software has been downloaded and paid for. Is threre any further exhanges of e- mail to obtain activation codes etc? Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is how it works: You buy the plane through their online store. Then they'll send you an email with the download link. You download the file and install it.Now comes the unusual part: you start a program to activate your copy. This program creates a code that needs to be emailed back to CS. If you use Outlook, this is done automatically, otherwise you can export the code and send it with any other email program or webmail service. CS send back an activation key, and when you enter this key into a second small program, you're done.You might take a look at their "business hours" posting on the CS forum (here on AVSIM), because the key is sent manually. I was very sceptical about this, but even though I ordered my copy on a saturday night (GMT+1), I received the key in one hour.Hope this helps.Bye,VOlker :]P.S.: Although I had to tweak the flight model a bit, I am stunned by the great 727 panel. I think this was worth the money!