Sign in to follow this  

CAPT SIM / DREAMFLEET Boeing 727

I am thinking of purchasing the Capt Sim Boeing 727, but there is also a similar package to be released by Dreamfleet. This has been on the cards for a considerable time, but Dreamfleet for obvious reasons does not want to commit themselves to a definite release date, presumably to avoid something similar to the diabolical Capt Sim B727 release fiasco. Has anybody got an idea when one may expect the Dreamfleet 727....inside information or rumour ? ? ?Understandably I am reluctant to go through all the unnecessary frustrations to get the Capt Sim 727 and its FOUR Service packs, if the release of the Dreamfleet 727 is just around the corner. I know I can rely on Dreamfleet to produce a first class effort (their track record so far proves this!) so I really need to hear from somebody who might have an idea on its release date.

Guest CharlesH

Hi:I don't have any inside information about DF 727. I only read messages on thier board. There are some nice screen shots of it and it looks like they are progressing. DF policy is not to comment on release dates due to what has happened in the past which is a good idea. You can read about this policy on their site, which make sense. This also prevents flamming that often goes on. I would wait and see what happens. Given DF team outstanding past planes and support, I know their 727 will be a winner. When released, I buy it. Charles

Hello,As for the release date, DF is very good at keeping secrets. Nothing gets out that they don't want to get out. There was, however, some rumor that the 727 would be a FS2004/COF product with compatability for FS2002. That would put it into summer, but again, just a rumor. Looking at the screens, it seems they are coming along well and making some really good progress. My personal opinion on the 727 issue: I would go for the Captainsim product. I just bought this, and being a 727 nut, I can tell you this is my new favorite add-on. First off, I don't know what people are complaining about, but I found the download installation procedure to be pretty good. I ordered about 10:00pm on Saturday night CST and immediately got an automated download link. The install was easy and I sent for the activation code. I didn't expect it until Monday, but actually got it from them Sunday Morning! This is pretty good considering a real person has to send it. Second, I think they built a much more authentic experience for those who want the 727 for what it is intended for: actual flying. The 727 is not an A320. It is an airplane like the DC9 where the pilot actually gets to fly! The one turn-off for me when I saw the Dreamfleet screens is the fact that they put in EHSI/EFIS instrumentation in the one version of the cockpit. In my opinion, most are buying this for the fun of flying a great aviation classic. That, to me, means no EHSI! I also think captain sim's has a bit more of that 'rugged' and worn look that fits a classic aircraft, while Dreamfleet's, although obviously well designed, is a bit to modernized for my tastes.In the end, it's all about what you want in your flying. I can assure you both will have excellent visual model and sounds. CS's flight model isn't so great in some parts, but it is easily fixed. If you're at all unsure about the CS plane I would definitely wait until DF releases more shots and a final product comes out. Anyway, have fun!Cheers,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg